Cape Cod Collaborative Sexual Harassment / Title IX Policy
The Cape Cod Collaborative will promptly investigate all allegations of sexual harassment of which it has actual knowledge and which are alleged to occur in the school’s programs and activities, including locations, events, and/or circumstances in which the Collaborative exercises substantial control, in a way that is not deliberately indifferent.
In the employment context, sexual advances, requests for sexual favors and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature constitute sexual harassment under Massachusetts law when:
- Submission to such conduct is made either explicitly or implicitly a term or condition of an individual’s advancement (quid pro quo harassment);
- Submission to or rejection of such conduct by an individual is used as the basis for employment decisions;
- Such conduct interferes with an individual’s job duties; or
- The conduct creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive work environment.
In the educational context, sexual harassment means conduct on the basis of sex that satisfies one or more of the following:
- An employee of the recipient conditioning the provision of an aid, benefit, or service of the recipient on an individual’s participation in unwelcome sexual conduct (quid pro quo harassment);
- Unwelcome conduct determined by a reasonable person to be so severe, pervasive, and objectively offensive that it effectively denies a person equal access to the recipient’s education program or activity (hostile environment harassment); or
- “Sexual assault” as defined in 20 U.S.C. 1092(f)(6)(A)(v), “dating violence” as defined in 34 U.S.C. 1229(a)(10), “domestic violence” as defined in 34 U.S.C. 12291(a)(8), or “stalking” as defined in U.S.C. 12291(a)(30).
Lena Troye Thompson, Human Resources Manager
508-420-6950 x 1122
To view or download a PDF of the Cape Cod Collaborative Sexual Harassment / Title IX policy, Title IX Policy
To view or download a PDF of the Cape Cod Collaborative Title IX training materials, Title IX Training Materials