ALL CAPE PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT DAY
Friday, October 8, 2021
The Cape Cod Collaborative’s 2021 All Cape Professional Development Day will include twenty-four workshop/presentations across a broad spectrum of topics relevant for K-12 educators; they include: Counseling, ELL/ESL, Music and Art Education, Early Childhood Education, World Language, Nursing, Communication and a full-day Librarian program. In-person workshops will be held at Dennis-Yarmouth Regional High School. Virtual presentations will be broadcast live on October 8 with recordings available for educators to access later.
Interested educators must register using SmartEDU. To do so, please scroll to REGISTER FOR A COURSE and follow the prompt according to your category.
Collaborative Framework for Educator Evaluation (CoFFEE)
October 18, 2021 – April 4, 2022
In partnership with Bridgewater State University, the Cape Cod Collaborative is offering a new professional learning opportunity: COFFEE is designed for new administrators/department heads who are, or will be, responsible for supervision, observation, and/or evaluation. Unlike other evaluation training programs, COFFEE is designed specifically for Massachusetts and anchored in the Massachusetts model for educator evaluation and looks at teaching and learning with a lens of cultural proficiency.
During the course, candidates deepen their understanding of the MA framework for educator evaluation and develop a common language to define effective instruction. Through the use of practice exercises, videos, case studies, reading, discussion, and coaching sessions, participants will develop instructional leadership skills to…
- Name, explain, and document effective instruction regardless of the means of delivery (e.g., in-person, solely online, and/or blended);
- Communicate effectively about pedagogical practices that impact student learning to provide teachers with detailed feedback in order to promote a continued cycle of professional growth;
- Develop and reinforce professional practice that engages instructional leaders and their colleagues in meaningful, student-focused conversations about best practice and maintains an open feedback loop;
- Utilize a wide range of data points about student learning in teacher goal setting and benchmarking to indicate measures of growth and success.
CoFFEE participants will be required to submit one video recording of a teacher’s lesson that accompanies the participant’s feedback.
INSTRUCTORS: Dr. Sonia L. Tellier and Mr. Marc J. Smith
FORMAT: Hybrid. Each session will meet in person, and we will move to virtual if the weather requires it. Each session will also be streamed.
DATES AND TIMES: Sessions will meet Mondays at the Cape Cod Collaborative, 418 Bumps River Road, Osterville from 8am – 3pm with an hour for lunch on your own. Session dates: Oct 18, Nov 15, Dec 13, Jan 10, Feb 7, Mar 7, and Apr 4.
ELIGIBILITY: There are no prerequisites for the course.
TUITION: $950.00. Additional fee for graduate credit through Bridgewater State University. More information will be provided during class meetings.
Register through SmartEDU: Educators employed by districts and collaboratives subscribing to SmartEDU, please access this course through your district’s platform. All other educators, please see below (REGISTER FOR A COURSE) to create a Collaborative PD account.
MATERIALS: You will need to purchase the following (3) books prior to the course –
- 10 Mindframes for Leaders: The Visible Learning Approach to School Success, John Hattie and Raymond Smith, eds – Published July 2020
- 10 Mindframes for Visible Learning: Teaching for Success, John Hattie and Klaus Zierer – Published Dec 2017
- Culturally Responsive Teaching and the Brain, Zaretta Hammond – Published Dec 2014
Paperback and electronic versions of all three books are available on the publisher’s website https://us.corwin.com/en-us/nam/home as well as Amazon.com.
Register for a Course
CC Collaborative Member District Educators
Subscribing to SmartEDU
Educators employed by CCC member districts – Barnstable, Falmouth, Sandwich, Mashpee, Monomoy and Dennis-Yarmouth Regional; as well as other collaboratives subscribing to SmartEDU – are issued a username and password by their employer. Please access all CCC course offerings through your district’s SmartPD program. If you have questions, check with your District Curriculum Administrator (DCA).
CC Collaborative Member District Educators
Not Subscribing to Smart EDU
Educators employed by CCC member districts – Wareham, Bourne, Nauset, Truro, Provincetown, Martha’s Vineyard and Nantucket – please create a Collaborative PD account to register for course offerings.
CCC Faculty & Staff
Other Interested Educators
Please create a Collaborative PD account to register for course offerings.
Professional Development Contact
508.420.6950 x 1145